Clear Creek Cabins
Western North Carolina Mountain Cabins
In the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains.
Five Stars (the maximum!) on Trip Advisor/FlipKey!
Selected by USA Today for their Travel Tips section on Romantic Cabins in Western North Carolina
Things to do while staying
Clear Creek Cabins
- In Clear Creek. Adjoins the property. State stocked with trout. If 16 or older requires state fishing license available by phone: 888-48-6834, M-F 8-5, Sat 8-12 & 1-5, or online , or at Wal-Mart. Ten day Trout License: $20 ($15 if NC resident) Prices may change.
- In our pond. On the property. Various fish (trout, catfish, brim, etc). No fishing license required. Catch & release only.
- Relax under the picnic shed at our pond and listen to the frogs at twilight (on the property)
- Indulge in a spa treatment - Appalachian Spa will bring their mobile day spa to you at your cabin. 1-888-574-6267 or Cell (828)230-1441
- Hike through the woods (on the property)
- Have a picnic dinner/cookout at the picnic shed next to the pond, or at your own cabin's picnic shed (on the property)
- Roast marshmallows at the campfire (on the property)
- Take a tour of local produce and crafts farms and stores. (Tour map provided in your cabin.)
- Justus Orchard On Garren Road
- Lyda Farms On Chimney Rock Road (Highway 64) across the road and just east of the Dollar General Store.
- Slick Rock Country Emporium A Country Emporium On Chimney Rock Road (Highway 64) at Slick Rock Road
- Old Cider Mill A working cider mill, homemade jams and local crafts - On Chimney Rock Road (Highway 64) at Highway 74A in Bat Cave
- Go Hiking at Chimney Rock Park (15 minutes away)
- Take a Boat Tour of Lake Lure, or enjoy a meal at one of the local restaurant favorites: the Bayfront Bar & Grill (great crab cakes) or La Strada (great view). (20 minutes away)
- Go Hiking in the Florence Preserve (20 minutes away)
- Visit Historic Downtown Hendersonville (20 minutes away) or the local restaurants, including our favorites: Umi (Japanese) at 7th & Main, (828) 698-8048, the Mean Mr. Mustard's Cafe at 133 4th Avenue East, The Square Root,111S. Main or West First Wood-Fired, 101 West First Street, (828) 693-1080
- Taste some locally made wine at Falderal Winery (20 minutes away).
- Golf at one of several courses near Hendersonville or Lake Lure (20-30 minutes away)
- Catch a local festival, wine tasting art show or other event in the Hendersonville area (20 minutes away)
- Take some Kayaking classes or go Kayaking on the Green River. (25 minutes away)
- Take a Zipline tour at Canopy Ridge Farm (25 minutes away) or Boulderline Adventure Programs (40 minutes away).
- Fish in the Green River. To get to the public access fishing area: From Hendersonville, take I-26 South to Exit 28. Turn left at the exit on Green River Cove Road. Follow Green River Cove Road about 4 miles to Fishtop Falls access area on the right. (25 minutes away)
- Hike in the Green River Game Lands. (varies, 25-35 minutes away)
- Enjoy live theater at the Flat Rock Playhouse [ directions] (25 minutes away)
- Take a Drive on the Blue
Ridge Parkway (25 minutes to the entrance at
Milepost 384.7 in Fairview)
- Go North on the Parkway to visit:
- Go South on the Parkway for more wonderful scenic views in Pisgah Forest and to visit:
- Graveyard Fields and it's waterfalls and hiking paths at milepost 419
- Richland Balsam Overlook, the highest point on the Parkway at milepost 431.4
- Visit Pearson's Falls (30 minutes away)
Go Biking at Bent Creek or Mills River in Pisgah National Forest (30-45 minutes away)
- Go Snow Tubing at Moonshine Mountain (40 minutes away).
- Explore Asheville (40 minutes away)
- Dreaming of living here? Stop by Bill Millwood's in Black Mountain and check out what property he has available. 877-669-0047 (45 minutes away)
- Visit Dupont State Forest [ directions] (45 minutes away) (Biking in Dupont State Forest (45 minutes away)
- Canoe, Raft or Kayak on the French Broad River through the Biltmore Estate, at Southern Waterways. (45 minutes away)
- Visit the Biltmore Estate (45 minutes away)
- Go Horseback Riding at Cedar Creek (45 minutes - 1 hour away)
- Go Horseback Riding at Pisgah Forest Stables 828-883-8258 ( 1 hour away)
- Canoe, Kayak or Tube the French Broad River (1 hour away)
- Explore Pisgah National Forest (1 hour away)
- Go Whitewater Rafting at Marshall (1 hour away)
- Go Hiking on Mount Mitchell, the highest peak east of the Mississippi ( 1 hr. 20 minutes away)
- Go Skiing at WolfRidge (1 hr. 20 minutes away) or Cataloochee Ski Area (1 hr. 24 minutes away)
- Visit the Linville Caverns ( map) on the way to Grandfather Mountain ( directions) (2 hours away)
Old Time and Bluegrass Music
These are all family friendly, mostly non-alcoholic, non-smoking, many inexpensive (or free) events.
Music Every Day of the Week!